Sunday, November 13, 2005

Counter point to my man Bony

Check out Bony's latest here:

http://non-bloggingblog.blogspot.com/

I'm feel obligated to offer a counterpoint to the Dick Cheney line that Bony seems to be towing. In all the articles that I've read, I've yet to read one that convincingly states that torturing draws good information effectively from suspects. Former CIA agents, former POWs, etc. almost all state that torturing nets bad intel more often that good intel. Suspects in the end usually will say almost anything just to end the torture.

I'm absolutely for doing what is necessary to save lives. I can see the logic in short term human suffering if it leads to a greater good of the safety of many. But until the folks who are closely tied with strong interrigation methods come out and say in a majority that torturing is an effective means to get good information, I cannot help but think it hurts our leadership position in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home