Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Trying to control the hype

We're just taking it one game at a time.

GANG GREEN TO TEST OLD BALLS
November 16, 2005

Glenwood, IA - Two games into the 2006 OMBA (Old Man Basketball Association) season, the buzz around the Monday morning water cooler is about Old Balls. Team Old Balls is off to their best start in team history, all be it a short history as this is their first year in the league. After rocking the Nursery to sleep 38-37 and smoking the Hoseheads 70-29, Old Balls are swollen with pride.

"We are so pumped up we're ready to burst!", exclaimed Chad Beardmore, head of the Old Balls. "We are hanging with the best of them. I hope we don't drop."

The next challenge in the way for Old Balls is Gang Green. Team Green is only 1-1, but they are a tough group to get rid of.

"I've seen Gang Green a couple of times.", said Matt Portrey, leading scorer...with the ladies...on the Balls Squad. "Every time you think you've gotten rid of Gang Green, they come back stronger than before. Gang Green sticks around for a long time."

Luckily, the Balls are playing well together. Plus they expect to see two key additions to the roster this week. First is Rob Schoening, a 6'3" 240lb. bruiser who averages 13 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 knocked out players per game. Schoening has been out with a case of the "Honey-Do's" believed to be given to him by his wife. Second, is an international star only known as "Wingspan". At 6'7", he will be the tallest player on Old Balls and in the league.

"I'm pretty sure that I won't get to play now.", said Bob Mills, current starting center for the Balls. "I'm OK with it as I rather enjoy the feeling of a splintered wood benches rubbing on my ass. It takes me back to my days in Junior High. Plus, I can still contribute to the team. I'll trip opposing players as they run down the sideline. I have really long legs."


The clash between Old Balls and Gang Green begins at 5:00 pm. For tickets, speed past a policeman without wearing your seatbelt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home